Sunday, April 2, 2017

Turning 49

In two weeks I will be 49.....I am not sure how it happen but somehow life flew by me as I was busy. It sounds insane to have a problem wrapping my head around it after all age is just a number and no matter what you could not pay me me to do 20 again.

I have learned more in my 40's than I ever did in the decades before.  If I look back so much has changed in the world since I was just a little one, some good, some bad and some that crushed my heart and some that made my world a better place.  I have made mistakes both small and large but haven't we all.  I have children that I love more than anything.  I have no idea where the future goes. I hope it continues to get better.

49.....I don't know it seems like just yesterday I was in my twenties.  But I guess as things go turning 49 beats the alternative.

2 comments:

  1. I never regret my age or wish I was younger (I'll be 46 in May.) Mainly because I have survived so much, and worked so hard to build what I (we) have, and I wouldn't want to have to do any of that again. Plus, every day is one day closer to retirement (9 years and 45 days). Early Happy Birthday. Hope you do something fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday my dear friend! Age is just a physical thing. We are as young as we feel. I'll be 54 this year, and I think I like me better now than I did a year ago. I've let go of a toxic friendship and gained new friends.

    ReplyDelete