Friday, March 31, 2017

The upkeep on cars...pay me now or pay me later

Cars are one of those things where you pay me now or pay me big time later.  I am heading for inspection time but there are some thing I know that need to be done on the car that I am getting done ahead of time or thankfully my daughters boyfriend can fix for me.  So what have I had done or am I having done before my inspection:

=New windshield wipers.  Well I knew I needed new ones before inspection but ice hurling at my windshield after the last snowstorm completely took off one wiper.  Thank God they didn't damage the arm.  I had to pay a little more since I went to Firestone(it was raining and I needed a wiper) and I always get Rain ex wipers.  Yes it cost a little more but they did tell me that the last time that Auto zone put on my wipers they put the wrong size on my drivers side which explain why the middle of the window wasn't getting cleared.  DUH!

=My head light went out on the drivers side.  Since the running lights are always on and driving with one headlight is not really safe to me I am off to Auto Zone tomorrow to get two replacement bulbs for the car.  Why?  If one went the second is going to go soon plus I would rather he replaced both at the same time.

=I have a plug in my tire which is losing air.  After talking to my mechanic and he taking a look at my tires he said I really do need two new tires.  I will be replacing them at inspection time and he will rotate and do the rest.

= My daughters boyfriend will also be doing my oil change, oil filter change and air filter change.  He is really is a savior for small things with the car.  He refuses to take money so I will pick him up a wawa card for gas for his car or his all time favorite Taco Bell...my daughter hates Taco bell so he can get it when he is not with her.  He will change the headlights, oil and filter and air filter.  He works in the medical field but is a wiz with cars.

=Tomorrow they are calling for torrential rains.  My handy dandy dust buster is charging and I will just close the doors, turn up the radio and vacuum the car mats and seats.  I also need to look into getting seat covers for the front.  

= I am also cleaning the inside of Henry (my car)with my spray bottle of dawn and my spray bottle of water/vinegar.  My dash, steering wheel and all of the front need a good wipe down or vacuum!  I really hate having a dirty car. It drives me insane.

=With the snow and ice and cleaning it off or being plowed in I have notice a few scratches on the car.  Sunday is supposed to be warm enough to touch up the paint and put clear coat on it(both purchased from the dealership).  The east coast uses both brine and salt and believe me it does a number on your car.  Next week I will take it to the car wash to make sure the salt is washed off the underneath and it's waxed and clean :)

So there you have my boring plans for tomorrow and the weekend.  I am always reminding people to please check your tires and your breaks.  Believe me I have seen way to many people when I worked on the hospital floor whose accidents were caused by thing that could have been fixed.  Will it hit my car EF, sure but we will be safer.

2 comments:

  1. I need to have my tires and alignment checked. And I need to wash down and vacuum my car. I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAAA!! If we take better care of our cars now it will pay out in the long run either with a higher sale price or lasting longer! I prefer mine lasting longer so I am doing anything I can to keep her going and keep her happy

      Delete