Friday, February 24, 2017

Lent

Lent is just around the corner and again this year seems to be going faster than I can keep up with. But back to talking about Lent, when I was child it consisted of giving up something that was really hard like chocolate or a TV show.  But now everything has changed.

So what do you give up for Lent when your in your 40's.  I don't really eat much chocolate, soda has already been given out since our Mayor has decided to tax it by the ounce...yeah by the ounce.  So what to do.  I think this year I am going to try to give up something different for Lent.  Maybe it will be time or donations.  I haven't really decided yet.  Being a good Catholic is a struggle for me right now but I guess that is the reason for Lent..to see the struggle and sacrifice you should be doing.  Not worrying about what the person in the pew next to you is giving up or doing.  

I know one of the things I will be giving up for lent is my judgment of others.  After all I am not without sin myself so I won't be casting any stones.

No comments:

Post a Comment