Tuesday, February 21, 2017

What are you doing with your refund?

I guess first I should say if you are getting a refund what are you doing with it? Thank God I don't owe but I am still getting a refund.  So I will re-adjust my with holding again so that I don't have a refund or have very little next year.  This year things changed with deductions and next year it will change completely since I will have no children to claim and no college costs to claim either.  But on the good side that means no Fasfa!  Whooo hooo.

So anyway this year I am getting a small refund(much smaller then I thought) but again the goal is not to owe anything....to be even.  So small is good.  With my refund I am doing a major stock up at the markets(hitting the deals at each) and then off to Costco.  While this may sound silly to some, stocking up on certain items saves me time and money in the end.

I am also putting money into my EF fund since it needs an infusion.   My car tags are due in March so I am going to splurge and renew them for two years.  My inspection is due in May.  Since I am taking the car to the mechanic for an oil change next week I will have him go over it so I know what i am looking at(if I need anything).  I think I may need 4 new tires or at least two since one of them is plugged and I just noticed there is a huge bolt type screw in another tire.  So I will put money aside for that.  We can only get our cars inspected 3 months ahead of time but nothing says I can't have my mechanic look at it and get the work done before.  Oh I also purchased new windshield wipers which my mechanic will put on when he does the oil change..yes I could have had Auto zone put them on but last time they almost broke the clip for the back one.  

The final part of the pay out is going to pay my car insurance for the year.  Since my mom is no longer driving it dropped my insurance a little.

I know some people are banking the whole thing or maybe they are going out shopping.  It's your money so no judgment from me, I am simply wondering how everyone is spending.

Oh I did forget to admit that I am going to buy yarn.  I need one skein to finish a project for someone, my niece just went from a toddler bed to a twin size bed and informed me she would really like a new blanky so we will pick out the yarn when she is down(ever pick out yarn with a four year old its like getting pecked by a duck) but I will try and steer her towards the soft quality yarn.  Besides that I warned my sister she can have any color she wants.  Oh and I found wonder woman material so I will pick up enough of that to make a pillow case for her.  She loves all the super hero's but especially wonder woman and superman.  So If I find some superman material that isn't to expensive I will make two pillow cases.  I know I am boring.  But its yarn...i love yarn...

No comments:

Post a Comment