Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Do you find this insulting?????

My daughter is getting married.  So even though the wedding is still way off I have been running ideas through my head and even picked up one or two things..if things such as dates change no biggie still usable.

Anyway I was looking at mugs on line as my daughter loves coffee/tea mugs as does her fiance.  I found two that I really loved and ordered them but I also found one that I just didn't think were funny or appropriate for a newly married couple.  Maybe I have become sensitive to some things.  But one mug said "Mr. Right" and the always said "Mrs. ALWAYS Right".  Now maybe I was more offended since I was looking for my daughter, but would it be just as funny if it said "Mrs. Right and Mr. Always Right?  I know a stupid thing to get annoyed about but I was annoyed. So I voted with my dollars and didn't buy it.  Easy peasy.   No longer annoyed and found a different set that is perfect!

Maybe I just feel that marriage is a little more serious than that.  I mean my daughter would not have found it amusing neither would  my future son-in-law.  I am sure their are many couples who would have.  

Well that's enough wedding talk since this is not my monkey or my parade.  I am just here for support :)


2 comments:

  1. I don't find it offensive; I just find it sad that it furthers the stereotype that men and woman are not equal partners in their own marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly.I believe everyone has the right to marry who they want to marry but I find offensive to insult one partner over the other. When one of my best friends from grade school married his husband they went through some time of people telling one or other what a great "wife" one of them was. It wasn't funny then and isn't funny now. 2 husbands no wife had to be explained many times.

    I will just continue to vote with my dollars when it comes to gifts.

    ReplyDelete