Monday, March 13, 2017

The ups and downs

I have come to terms with the fact that I have a almost unhealthy relationship with money.  But that comes from being in debt, spending when I shouldn't and always having a EXCUSE FOR WHY. But you reach a point when you run out of excuses and then you deal with the reality of life.

I have been working my ass off getting out of debt and its getting there.  I am also working on getting my 403 where it should be, having a EF and also a savings account.  I know not a lot of money in savings account but its a steady bit of money going in every two weeks.  But I have made mistakes to go along with the things I got right

=Starting 403b a few years ago but stupidly opened a cd last year but only with 500.00 in it by only $7.75 in interest in a year.  So up and down.

=Cut back on the usage of my cell phone and the amount of Internet since I do not need it but accidentally went over by by 2 gigs which cost me 20 buck.  I now have have it set so it cuts off at a certain point.  No more going over.

=reduced the Internet in the house for a savings of 25.00- cable went up by 7.00.

=Pondering the whole cut the cable package for a good savings- but truthfully there are channels we watch and our TVs are to old for the rokus or whatever.  There is always Netflix but who knows.

=Our state now has the option of registering your car for two years instead of 1 for 77.00 so I did that - BUT they charge 5.00 for the privilege of registering your car.  Sigh

=My prescriptions are filled for 90 days - but the my migraine pill puts me to sleep within 20 minutes,360 pills I can't take unless my migraine occurs when I am home and not planning on driving or holding a intelligent conversation. But if I am home well they work great. So I now have one that doesn't put me to sleep and about 2 years of one that does put me to sleep.

In the end you take the good and the bad and find a happy middle ground

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for wanting to make changes with your finances! My hubby and I finally drew the line in the sand and are now cleaning up the mess we created. Other than Netflix (which I canceled a few months ago) we haven't had "paid" tv in ages. I do have Amazon Prime, which comes with plenty of free stuff to watch, so I'm surviving! lol Happy that you've started blogging again!

    ReplyDelete