Saturday, March 18, 2017

When things sit on your heart

I have several family and friends who are going through tough times right now.  Some are reliving hard anniversaries, some are going through things for the first time in their lives and some are just struggling.   As my grandmother always said" sometimes you just listen and you let it sit on your heart".

They are all sitting on my hearts.  I have kept them in my prayers, sent good thoughts and listened.  I can't fix any of it but I can listen and I can carry it on my heart for them for just a little bit.  No one's life is perfect and sometimes people just need someone to listen not to fix it, not to run around like the sky is falling, just listen and offer a suggestion if and only if it is helpful, well meant and will truly help.  Otherwise just listen.

2 comments:

  1. And sometimes a long hug helps too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do. Sometimes we are to busy for a kind word or a long hung just because..

      Delete