Monday, March 13, 2017

I went yarn shopping...i love yarn

As a lot if people know ; knitting and crocheting put me at peace and helps me save on and make great gifts.  The only problem is I am picky about my yarn. I HATE HATE HATE HATE cheap yarn and ugly colors.  So today I ran out to purchase the final skein for my besties blanket(just oh 6 months late), I purchased quality yarn to make a beautiful lace patterned throw for my daughters wedding shower.  Yes its about a year and a half away(her shower) but this is a complicated pattern and the yarn must be worked with gently.  Lets see I also purchased;
 = black fleece yarn with and red yarn trim for my future son in law.  Daughter is always hot and future son is always cold so this really will be for him.  The colors not go with the wedding colors which are two of the four colors in the wedding, but I feel he will know I really do like and care about him.
=a dark blue fleece yarn for my daughters boyfriend that I think he will like..it's for Christmas.  Again daughter is always hot and boyfriend is always cold.  I guess we are one of those families who likes the cold.  We are the last to turn the heat on and even open the windows a crack.
=2 small skeins if cashmere yarn for my sons girlfriend for a  shawl for work or for dressing up outfits..  And four fleece skeins for their sofa in dog color.

Best of all its craft month so I some of the yarn was on a really good sale and I used a coupon at ac moore and mom used a coupon at ac moore. The cashier then asked if I had more coupons and rang up my next two orders with the coupon.  So all the orders had coupons!  This is why I love AC Moore, more than Michaels.  

So with the big storm coming in I will be knitting and crocheting away.

No comments:

Post a Comment